Thursday, September 29, 2011

Genesis 6 ~ Man is Becoming Very Wicked


I wonder if I will ever understand all that I read in God's word? In the past, when I would decide to have a home Bible study I would either 1) be looking for something in specific or 2) pray that God would show me the passage He had for me. Now that I am partaking in this specific challenge I am reading from cover to cover and though I have read and pondered and pondered some more on specific chapters, they are still puzzling to me. This is one of the ones that has a somewhat mystical appeal, leading me to wonder what actually took place just outside Eden long, long ago...

In this chapter man became increasingly wicked partaking of shameful sins. The sons of heaven were visiting the women of earth and bearing children with them. The sins were so grievous to God that He "regretted that He made man on the earth, and His heart was grieved." verse 6. In verse 3 we are told that God decided to limit our lives to 120 years because of all the mischief we were getting involved in and it is in verse 13 that God begins to speak to Noah about preparing an ark to "cleanse" the earth of the corruption. ~ The New American Bible

Thank you so much for your visit today. Take care and God bless you and the readings of His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment