Monday, February 4, 2013

Leviticus 22 ~ Holy Offerings


God's children were urged not to eat anything that had been either killed by a wild animal or had died of natural causes. The priests were advised not to partake of sacred foods when unclean. Sacred foods were only to be eaten by the priest and his family or slaves which were born in their home. If the daughter moves from the home and marries outside the priesthood she is no longer to partake of the sacred meal. Animals used for offering were to be blemish free. A newborn animal and it's mother was not to be sacrificed the same day. Newborn animals were not to sacrificed before the age of 8 days. Meat was to be eaten the same day and none was to be saved for eating on the following day. 


Thank you so much for visiting me today. May God richly bless you and the reading of His word. Photo provided by Anankin at Bible Facts Plus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy! I've been trying to return to reading the Bible myself. I'm a little ahead of you, so I think I'll wait until you catch up with me. ;-) I've just begun 1 Samuel.

    ReplyDelete