Sunday, November 20, 2011

Exodus 6 - The Israelites Refuse to Listen

God responded to Moses.
"Now you shall see what I will do to the Pharaoh. Forced by my mighty hand, he will send them away..."
The Lord told Moses to tell the Israelites that He will free them from their slavery and give them the land which he promised to their forefathers. 

When Moses told the Israelites they doubted him. They had been so accustomed to their oppression that they feared to believe they could escape it. Moses told God, they will not listen to me so how can I expect the Pharaoh to as I am so poor at speech? Then the Lord God instructed both Aaron and Moses with the words to use but Moses continues to protest more.

This chapter also  provides us with details of lineage.

Thank you so much for visiting me today. May God richly bless you and the reading of His word.
image source

No comments:

Post a Comment