Saturday, November 5, 2011

Genesis 40 Joseph is jailed and forgotten


My grand daughter Faith was born  prematurely in August and finally God has richly blessed us and allowed her to come home. After work I went to hold my new grand daughter for the very first time. She is so precious and beautiful, but Grandma was tired and the computer was acting up when I finally got home. Every time I downloaded an image to my Chapter Challenge blog I would get error messages and a few times Mozilla completely crashed! Somehow I accidentally posted it to my Seeds4thoughts blog, but I want my entire Bible challenge here so I am adding it here now and do apologize. The scripture is taken from The New American Bible.

Joseph became trusted by his jailers and was placed in a position of authority. Two men who had worked for the pharaoh and offended him were recently arrested and assigned under him in the jail.  As he was attending them he noticed that they looked troubled. After he spoke to them, they confided in Joseph that they had been troubled by dreams and he responded that dreams were from God so could be interpreted by Him and he would seek God's advice to help them find the meanings. He interpreted their dreams and was promised that he would be remembered to Pharaoh and his freedom sought.

Both men were freed, one given back his position and the other put to death just as Joseph had advised them according to the dreams that God had given to them. The men forgot all about Joseph doing them the favors so his name was not mentioned to Pharaoh and he remained in jail from a crime he did not do!


Thank you so much for visiting me today. May God richly bless you and the reading of His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment